Secondary School Scholarships
Children who finish their education are less likely to marry before the legal age, and more likely to have a prosperous future. As many of our students’ parents are illiterate, children generally have little practical support in their day-to-day school lives.
Our scholarship students receive financial assistance with:
- Tuition fees
- Uniforms and shoes
- Accommodation (where the student needs to move closer to school)
- School bags, books, pencils, etc.
We also help students by:
- Making regular home and school visits to keep up to date with students’ progress.
- Assisting with school applications, other paperwork and homework.
- Encouraging students to think about their future plans and career options.
- Offering consistent, holistic care and support.
We currently support seven students, but with over 60 children to still accommodate, we continue to source the much needed funds to continue this program! If you want to help provide scholarship placements for our students, please donate here!
Primary School Support
Some Gerupuk children do not go to school simply because their family cannot afford their uniform.
Where we identify that a young student is not attending school because he or she can’t afford it, we can provide financial assistance and practical help to re-enter the education system. This is often as simple as buying a uniform and school supplies, and accompanying the child and a parent or guardian to the school.
We believe that every child has the right to at least a basic education, and urgently need more funds to allow us to continue supporting these young children. Please donate here!