Secondary School Scholarships
Children who finish their education are less likely to marry before the legal age, and more likely to have a prosperous future. As many of our students’ parents are illiterate, children generally have little practical support in their day-to-day school lives.
Our scholarship students receive financial assistance with:
- Tuition fees
- Uniforms and shoes
- Accommodation (where the student needs to move closer to school)
- School bags, books, pencils, etc.
We also help students by:
- Making regular home and school visits to keep up to date with students’ progress.
- Assisting with school applications, other paperwork and homework.
- Encouraging students to think about their future plans and career options.
- Offering consistent, holistic care and support.
We currently support seven students, but with over 60 children to still accommodate, we continue to source the much needed funds to continue this program!